- Smart Missile and Rosehill -- Sydney racing again saw the Smart Missile's firing with Smart Amelia for the Baker/Shinn combination. The four year old mare was first up over the 1100m today. She struggled last season but has now been transferred to the Bjorn Baker stable and her first start is a winning one. She is out of the Redoutes Choice mare, My Amelia who produced, The Mission.
Lovely win by Smart Amelia today at Rosehill. Her first start for Bjorn a winning one, top training effort to get her up and firing!— Blake Shinn (@blake_shinn) July 14, 2018
Another good city winner for Smart Missile too, he’s having a great season! Congrats Ollie & team @TwinHillsStud 👊🎯 pic.twitter.com/2Hmrv3yy8c
- In the final race of the day the three year old gelding Sparky Lad by Smart Missile finally got another win on the board this preperation in the BM85 over 1500m. He was pushed out by jockey Brenton Avdulla to secure the win for the Chris Waller stable. He is out of the More Than Ready mare, Lady Hepburn. In the listed 1400m winter stakes, the Fastnet Rock gelding, Dreamforce produced the goods once again giving Avdulla another victory for the day and bringing the gallopers win tally to eight from 18 starts. Smart Missile stands at Twin Hills Stud.
- Al Maher Stands at Aquis Farm-- The 4yo gelding Vaucluse Bay finally got back in the winners circle after nearly 12 months, in the BM80 over 2000m for the Waller/Collett combination. The Al Maher galloper has had a frustrating season of placings but made amends with a hard fought victory. In the last at Morphetville the promising Al Maher mare, Rat With Goldtooth continued too impress by trouncing his rivals over the 1600m trip.
Despite sitting three deep the trip, Rat With Goldtooth bolts in at Morphettville. RESULTS: https://t.co/Dve6xOzEOv pic.twitter.com/hmipHnHUCQ— Racing.com (@Racing) June 30, 2018
- High Chaparral -- The High Chaparral's were back doing their stuff with the grey gelding, Silvera a good winner over 1600m in Adelaide after jockey Jason Holder took a trail on the heavily backed favorite Top Prospect. He finished strongly to win for te Tony Mcevoy camp and it was a similar story for the Darren Weir trained High Chap colt, Mount Kilroy at Caulfield as he sat back and took the trail behind Masculino until halfway down the straight where he shot clear for an easy win. The ultra consistent Godolphin, Street Cry gelding, Demolition scored in the BM78 over 1400m after a great ride from Damian Lane getting the drop on Avenger. He is ex Lonhro mare, Shatters.
- While in the John Monash the class galloper of the day, Voodoo Lad exploded away with a great turn of foot to win the group 3. The six year old gelding is by I Am Invincible and rates just below group one level on talent.
From last to first! Voodoo Lad was explosive in the final stages of the Sir John Monash Stakes at @MelbRacingClub.— Racing.com (@Racing) July 14, 2018
How far can this horse go? 👉 https://t.co/ZKeZWCKBvd pic.twitter.com/gqqRsabpAE
- Other successes worth taking note of were the wins by Star of Monsoon. He is by Lonrho out of full sister to Redoutes Choice,Monsoon Wedding and has now scored three times since his maiden win, this season. Gerald Ryan puts his improvement down to maturity and being gelded. Listen to him discuss the gelding here. Gerald Ryan on Star of Monsoon. He was ridden by James Mcdonald. A double for Fastnet Rock's with a win for Dreamforce and the promising 2yo Thorondor at Morphetville winning once again. Then two geldings China Gale and Schoolmates both broke their maidens at Wyong and both are ex Encosta De Lago broodmares. The later is trained by Chris Waller and is by Redoutes Choice and former is by Pierro. Lady I Am made it a double for the I Am Invincible's when she won the class2 at Wyong, for the Snowden camp. There was also a double for the Magnus clan with wins to Magnesium Rose at Caulfield and Magnus Knight in Adelaide.